October 01, 2002
Appeared in Building Design & Construction
A former electrical generating plant along the Delaware River in Chester. Pa., will be adapted to serve as the new headquarters for Synygy, an employee benefits compensation programming company. Blackney Hayes Architects of Philadelphia is architect for core and shell renovations to the building, which was constructed in 1918. The Philadelphia office of architect The Hillier Group is the interior architect. New York City-based Syska Hennessy Group is the mechanical/electrical engineer. The developer is Preferred Realestate Investments, Conshohocken, Pa. Selection of a general contractor is expected to take place soon. Two towers formerly used for storing coal will be converted into office and private residence components. The project is scheduled for completion next summer.