Syska Hennessy Awarded $25 Million in Government Contracts
July 09, 2002
Appeared in California Real Estate Journal
Syska Hennessy Group Construction Inc. has been awarded contracts for the design
and construction work on upgrades totaling more than $25 million
at several U.S. military medical facilities. The projects
- Construction of the $6.5 million Nutrition Care Center Renovation for Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Bethesda, Md.
- Design of the estimated $8 million first two phases of the Realignment Program at Wright-Patterson Medical Center in Ohio.
- Design of the estimated $4.5 million renovation of the 15,000-square-foot Chesser Dental Clinic at Fort Polk in Louisiana.
- Design and build of the estimated $4.3 million project at Kenner Army Health Clinic in Ft. Lee, Va., to combine five existing clinics into one 16,000-square-foot primary care health care center.
- Construction of a new enclosure for the outdoor animal area at the David Grant Medical Center Vivarium at Travis Air Force Base in Calif. This 5,300-square-foot, $1 million addition will provide a weatherproof, conditioned environment for clinical investigations.
- Replacement of emergency generators and automatic transfer switches plus upgrading the emergency power distribution system at Ehrling Bergquist Hospital at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska, under a $955,000 design-build contract.